What Aqua-Rex can do for your pool
- Aqua-Rex requires no servicing or chemicals.
- Low running costs, about $20 a year in electricity.
- Unit is fully waterproof so it can be installed outside.
- Easy and quick install.
- No pipes to cut.
Aqua-Rex does this:
- Calcium scale on tiles and pool walls breaks up and falls away. Stops calcium scale along the water line. Saves bead blasting.
- On Salt Water systems it keeps the generator cleaner. Saves de-scaling.
- Reduces phosphates in the water and makes it much clearer. Saves chemicals.
- Cleans scale from the water heater. Makes it operate more efficiently. Saves energy.
- Helps kill bacteria so you have less need to “shock” treat a pool. Saves chemicals.
- Reduces TDS so less need to dump water. Saves water.
Performance Tested under IAPMO IGC 335-2018 Rapid Scaling Test and proven to reduce scaling by up to 83% at 180 degrees Farenheit in Las Vegas water.
While Aqua-Rex is a new product in the US for the pool market, it is a tried and tested product in the UK and Europe. It has been in use for over twenty years in its role as a water softener alternative and as a treatment for Long String Algae on Koi Carp ponds. Over the last four years we have evaluated its performance on swimming pools in the USA and since April 2013 it has been a listed vendor product with Poolcorp. In every field where it has been evaluated it has performed as well, and in most cases, better than expected.
Watch our video Aqua-Rex Water Conditioner: Reduces Scale, Reduces Phosphates & TDS and More! It Really Works!
Just wrap the two aerial wires around the pipe after the circulation pump and secure them with the plastic ties. You don’t need to cut the pipe or do any kind of plumbing. It is often easiest to hang the unit on the pipe where it is installed rather than fixing it on a wall.
Any type of pipe material is suitable and any size of pipe up to 2 inch. If the pipes are bigger than 2 inch, call us for advice on larger Aqua-Rex units.
The unit is completely waterproof. The power cable is 7 feet long and terminates with a USB plug. You can plug it into any USB outlet or use the transformer supplied to plug into a 120v outlet.
Absolutely none at all. You set it and forget it – its plug and play. Just make sure it is getting power and the LED is flashing. It has a design life in excess of 25 years. Just remember to take it with you when you move home.
Aqua-Rex will get rid of Calcium scale but will have little or no effect on Silica scale. Silica scale is only an issue in a few areas of the country where Silica rich water is drawn from wells. Silica scale won’t react to acids such as Vinegar or Muriatic and can only be removed by using abrasives. Sometimes you will find all the scale disappears and then a thin layer recurs and this is likely to be Silica. Scale around the grout line of a swimming pool comes from behind the tile and is mostly Silica so Aqua-Rex won’t get rid of it.
None at all.